Case report: Cola can stay-tab ingestion in an 8-year-old boy


Creative Commons License

Karabulut R. , Soenmez K., Turkyilmaz Z. , Basaklar A. C.

HONG KONG JOURNAL OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE, vol.16, no.4, pp.265-266, 2009 (Journal Indexed in SCI) identifier identifier

  • Publication Type: Article / Article
  • Volume: 16 Issue: 4
  • Publication Date: 2009
  • Doi Number: 10.1177/102490790901600413
  • Title of Journal : HONG KONG JOURNAL OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE
  • Page Numbers: pp.265-266

Abstract

Foreign body ingestion is a common problem in children. The most commonly ingested objects are coins, toy parts, bones, pins, and disc batteries. The radiolucency of the pull-tabs or stay-tabs of Cola cans constitutes another difficulty. In cases with ingested Cola can stay-tabs, as was in our patient, diagnosis should be confirmed at least by oesophagogram to avoid potential complications. (Hong Kong j.emerg.med. 2009;16:265-266)